Saturday, June 11, 2011

BP7_Commercial

Well, I did it!  I feel pretty accomplished.  I made my one minute commercial for the Web 2.0 tool Go Animate that I reviewed in a previous blog post.  Our assignment was to have one minute, no more, no less, and I got it.  Here is what I did:

First I shot footage of Go Animate in action using Screenflow.
Then I exported that footage to iMovie, but I still needed dialogue.
So, I opened Garage Band, chose the podcast feature, and went at it saying the lines I wrote for myself.
Then I imported my podcast, and layered into my movie.  I had to do some editing, but not very much.  I mostly edited out extra footage I shot with Screenflow.

All in all, the process seemed easier now that I knew more about iMovie.  So, I have discovered that 3 hours and 28 minutes that was a pain to get through was definitely worth it.  Now making a project in iMovie is less painful than it was before the tutorials.

Enjoy the movie.
(FYI--Upon my first attempt at uploading my movie into Blogger, the finished product was 1:01.  However, in iMovie the duration was one minute on the dot.  I went back into iMovie and shaved off what seemed like nanoseconds.  Let's see what attempt two is like...)
I am adding a screenshot so my professor can see that the duration of my movie is, indeed, 1:00, no more, no less.  I'm not sure why blogger is saying it is 1:01. 



No comments:

Post a Comment